2011/10/24

My Dear Creche

This is my Christmas Treasure!!! I found it several years ago on a flea market. It was a bargain compared to its size and beauty. The barn is wooden and the Holy Family and other figures are made of porcelain. I got a lift home from the market, the husband of the owner drove me. I hade the big box on my lap and it said: "Handle with care!" That is what I have been doing with this treasure from that day on. The creach has survived our changes of residence, out kids and my brothers dog. Only the hand of Virgin Mary is broken, but that was long before I found this beauty.


Among the years I have collected some things of my own to be added to the creche. The candles are lightening the stable, there is a little brown sheep, that is bought from a smallest shop in the Old Town of Naantali, at the west coast of Finland. My husband brought me a little boy figure, whose sitting on a bench playing flute.(Unfortunately not it the picture) He will sit on the side and play for baby Jesus. That is the figure, which I identify myself with. Just as in the Christmas song "Little Drummer Boy" we can all bring our modest gifts the Holy Child.  I often put real straw to the stable.

In the middle of all my dear Christmas fuss and hustle, the Creche reminds me of the most important message of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment