2011/10/24

The Old Pictures of My Family



My aunt has made a big effort on scanning our old photos. I got a collection by e-mail, and could not wait to make something "christmastly" out of them. So I made this piece of art.

When our house was about to be built we had to take down an old sauna -building from our lot. That's when I got loads of old windowframes. I wanted to make some use of them, so this was one idea.






 

 


I knocked around nails in the back, then put a paper string between them. The photos are clipped to the string with traditional Christmas tree candle holders (for real candles), which still are a bit shiny, but hopefully will darken in time.

To accompany the photos, I hang some Christmas decoration, but fell so much in love this thing, that it has been in my hobby room the whole year. That is my Christmas Wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment