2011/10/24

Door Wreath 2010

Something Christmassy you can keep the whole winter: my wreath. I got the idea from a Christmas issue  (2010) of a Finnish interior magazine called Avotakka. It's very simple, but somehow mesmerising, like a winter wonderlans fairytale. The wreath is made of juniper and the decorative animal is a childrens toy, which I have sprayed with white paint.

The garland with a deer and frost.
The hardest part was to find the toy. The shops were full of farm animals, jungle animals, dinosaurs; everything else, but  not anything, that can be described as at least somehow Finnish forest animals. Apparently kids are not interested in domestic nature :).  At the end I managed to find this deer, with the price of 12 dinosaurs, but I was satisfied. It's a Schleich product and was beautiful when colored, but all white would it still become. And the wreath turned out to be just as wonderful I imagined it! I planned to hang it inside, beside the fireplace,  but the heath would have made it  crumble in no time. So I hang it in our front door and kept it there until April! The deer has spent its summer on top of a photoframe in our livinroom, and it is now waiting for a new garland. It will also have "brothers and sisters", as I just found a couple of new animals on my last shopping trip, with a lowered price!

No comments:

Post a Comment